The Disgruntled Rats are very excited to announce their upcoming graphics engine! The codename for the graphics engine is Phantom. Phantom is fast, lightweight, easy to use, and portable.
Phantom runs on any operating system with accelerated graphics and support for the Java Virtual Machine. Phantom also runs on the Dalvik Virtual Machine. Developers can write their game or application once and run it on many different platforms, including:
– Windows XP/Vista/7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
– Mac OSX
– Linux (32-bit or 64-bit)
This architecture will save development, testing, deployment, and maintenance costs. Imagine writing your application once and having the freedom to run it almost anywhere.
Here are some of the features of Phantom:
– Model Import Capability – Currently supports Milkshape 3D files
– Model Viewer
– Object Oriented Design
– Abstract User Input API – No need to write custom listeners for each platform
– Scene Graph
– Sound Engine
– High-Performance Rendering, Based On Vertex Buffers
– Advanced Texture Mapping
– Portable User Interface Library – Menus and dialogs are reusable across platforms
– Physics Engine
– Artificial Intelligence Library – Many common behaviors are already defined
– Test Harness – Run a set of integration tests automatically
– Build Scripts – Package JAR, APK, ZIP and other archives easily
– 2D and 3D Shape Library – Cubes, Spheres, Triangles, and more!
– Mesh Support
– Help Pages
If you are interested in learning more about Phantom. Or, want to finding out about pricing options, contact the Disgruntled Rats sales team at email@example.com. We are currently looking for early adopters/beta testers of our product.
We will release more information as it becomes available.