Android Ant Build Environment
Due to the popular demand of Android development tools, The Disgruntled Rats have decided to release source code to an Android build environment that is highly customizable. This is one of the ways that the Disgruntled Rats are giving back to the community.
If you are having trouble getting Android and Ant to play well together, we recommend downloading the latest version of our android-build environment. It will have everything you need to get started with Android and Ant development. You can even hook it into Hudson!
Choose the version you would like to download:
Android Ant Build Environment Release 3
Android Ant Build Environment Release 2
1) Extract the contents of the ZIP file.
$ unzip android-build_<version>.zip
2) Change the “sdk.dir” variable in the local.properties file. It needs to
be set to the path of the Android SDK you downloaded.
3) Build the Android package:
$ ant package-android
4) Start the Android emulator
$ emulator -avd <name of your Android 2.1 AVD>
5) Install the sample package on the emulator.
$ ant install-android-emulator
6) Run the “helloworld” program on the emulator.